Friends of the Library
The purpose of this organization is to serve as an advocacy and support group of volunteers for the Rowlett Public Library, to raise funds for special library needs, to support cultural and literary enrichment activities for the community, and to promote literacy. The Friends of the Rowlett Public Library work to give the citizens of Rowlett a state-of-the-art library where they can satisfy their literary needs, whether it be school research, learning to download an ebook, or to find a place to sit with a good book on a rainy day.
How Can I Help?
Become a member!
You’ll be joining with other like-minded people to support the library’s efforts in the community. For more info, see Why Join below.
Tom Thumb Good Neighbor Program
If you shop at Tom Thumb, link your rewards card to Charity #13307, and the Friends of the Library will receive a percentage of your purchase! To sign up, please pick up a Good Neighbor Charity Addition form from the Library and take it with you the next time you shop at Tom Thumb.
When you shop through Amazon Smile with Friends of Rowlett Public Library as your chosen charity, a portion of the proceeds go to support the Friends. Click here to support the Friends through Amazon Smile.
Who are the Friends?
Past Contributions from the Friends Include
Friends are people who feel that books, reading, learning and libraries are essential elements of a growing, educated, and forward-reaching community. We are library advocates who, together, make a difference!
- Bookworm sculptures
- Annual funding for Summer Reading and other Library programs
- Mark Twain sculpture at the Library entrance
- Assistance in planning and development of former library at 3900 Main Street
As a Friend you will be able to:
- Promote the improvements of the facilities and services of the Library
- Support present and future activities related to the Library
- Help focus public attention on the services, resources, and needs of the Rowlett Public Library
- Enjoy the association with others who share your love for and interest in books, libraries, and people
- Invest something in Rowlett and its future
- Enjoy a tax-deductible donation. The Friends are a 501(c)(3) organization.
Annual Dues: Individual - $25; Club or Association - $100; Business - $150;
Corporate Sponsorship - minimum $250.
Membership dues can be sent to:
Friends of the Rowlett Public Library, Inc.
P.O. Box 914
Rowlett, TX 75030-0914
Or, you may pay your membership dues online via PayPal. Simply click on "Donate" and enter the correct amount.
Important: You must still either mail in your membership application or apply for membership online.
Please purchase an engraved tile to be installed when the Library reopens at the Main Street location. This funding will secure needed Library equipment and furnishings. See attached form for details.
DOWNLOAD THE DONOR TILE ORDER FORM
Important: You must complete the downloadable order form and turn it in with your payment or a check to a Friends Board Member or mail the completed form with your check to Friends of the Rowlett Public Library, P. O. Box 914, Rowlett, TX 75030-0914.
Meeting Dates and Times
Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the Library, 5702 Rowlett Road.
Please call 972-412-6161 for more information.
Friends do not meet in the months of July and December.
Friends Board Members
- President - Jerry Hickman
- Vice President - Lawrence Jackson
- Secretary - Virginia Pollard
- Treasurer - Stanley Pollard