Click to Home

Go To Search
Development Services Engineering
Division Functions
Ty Thompson
Assistant City Engineer

Ryan Corbello
Engineering Assistant

Dan Abell
Engineering Assistant

3901 Main St.
Rowlett, TX  75088

972-412-6228 Fax

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • Review and Regulation of all private development (development paid for by private entities) including residential subdivisions, commercial, and industrial projects.
  • Flood Plain Management - To ensure development in the flood hazard areas are in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and City Ordinances.
  • Administration of the Storm Water Management Program, Rights-of-Way and Easements within the City.
  • Management and Issuance of all Right-of-Way and Grading Permits

Permit Applications, Forms, & Checklist

Right-of-Way Permit - A permit is required if you need to work in the City's Right-of-Way (a strip of land that is granted, through an easement or dedication, for transportation purposes). An easement is a non-possessory interest to use real property in possession of another person for a stated purpose.

Contractor Registration - All Utility Contractors who do work in the City of Rowlett must be registered.  We will not issue Right-of-Way Permits unless the Utility Contractor is registered.   

Grading Permit - A permit is required if you are adding, removing, or moving dirt on your land/lot or subdivision. 

Civil Engineering Plans Checklist

Standard Details

Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) Information:  ERU

Please email all permit applications to:

Please email all as-built requests to:

After Hours Inspection Requests

Please email all after hours inspection requests to:














4000 Main Street Rowlett, TX 75088