Don’t forget…register your pet. If your pet should roam, it could be a ticket home! Your first offense is free if your animal is wearing a current rabies and registration tag on the collar at the time of intake. Microchips are not a replacement for tags and are not included in this offer. This is a one-time only offer!!
How do I Register?
The City of Rowlett Ordinances Section 6-71 requires that all domestic animals capable of transmitting rabies including all dogs, cats and ferrets have their Rabies Vaccination information registered on an annual basis with the Animal Shelter. Upon registering your pet, you will receive a tag with a unique ID, to be attached to your pets’ collar that should be displayed at all times along with a current Rabies Vaccination tag. Registration tags expire on the anniversary date of the Rabies Vaccination. Even if your pet has been given a 3 year Rabies Vaccine, you still need to register your pet every year.
· $5.00 if your pet has been spayed/neutered or if your pet is under 6 months of age at the time of registration.
· $10.00 if your pet has not been spayed/neutered
· Free to senior citizens 60 and over if your pet is under 6 months of age at the time of registration or spayed/neutered
Here are two easy ways to apply:
1. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your current Rabies Vaccination Certificate and a check or money order for the appropriate fees to:
Rowlett Animal Services
4402 Industrial St.
Rowlett, TX. 75088
2. Bring current vaccination certificate and fees to the shelter during normal business hours: Monday–Saturday from 10:00 am-5:00pm.
Please understand that if your pet is found to not be current on registration, you could be subject to citation or a late registration fee.
For additional information please contact Victoria Miles at 972-412-6219 or by Email.