Do you love dogs, cats and other animals? We would love for you to volunteer and help us take care of them! Volunteers are a vital resource utilized in a number of ways. Volunteers help with the everyday cleaning and maintenance of the shelter, socializing, training and grooming. The shelter hosts several events throughout the year at which volunteers are needed, such as Pet Adoptathon, Low Cost Vaccination and Microchip Clinics. Opportunities are available for those who can only spare a few hours a week right on up to full time. Community Service hours are also available, so please inform staff members and bring your timesheet.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Complete Volunteer Form unless assigned by the Courts, then all paperwork will be filled out during the orientation process at Animal Services.
- Attend volunteer orientation (every Friday at 3:00pm).
- Provide a copy of picture ID.
- Dress appropriately (no shorts/sandals).
- If you have to do court ordered community service, orientation is held every Thursday at 4pm.
If you are interested in volunteering with the City of Rowlett, visit our Volunteer Program page for more opportunities.