The rebate amount will be for up to $3,000 or fifty percent (50%) of the cost of the safe room and other allowable costs (see the Eligible and Ineligible Costs section below).
Reimbursement is expected to take approximately 2-6 months after the participant has submitted all required final documentation.
The participant will be mailed a check for the total approved rebate amount.
The City of Rowlett will submit requests for reimbursement to the State on a monthly basis. However, this timeframe may be shortened or extended based on the turnaround speed of the State.
Reimbursement Process Steps:
- The participant purchases the safe room and submits all required documentation, including proof of payment, to Rowlett OEM.
- Rowlett OEM reviews the documentation and works with the participant to correct any issues with the submitted documentation.
- Rowlett OEM submits the documentation to the Rowlett Financial Services Department for final review.
- Rowlett Financial Services reviews the documentation and works with Rowlett OEM to correct any issues with the submitted documentation.
- Rowlett Financial Services approves the documentation and submits an advanced payment request for a set of rebates to the State.
- TDEM reviews the request and documentation and works with Rowlett OEM and Financial Services to correct any issues.
- TDEM approves the request and releases the funds to the City.
- The City receives the funds and makes payment to the participant within five (5) business days.