Emergency Management Specialist
4701 Rowlett Rd.
Police and Fire Dispatch:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Rowlett Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is responsible for the City's comprehensive, all-hazards emergency management program, which includes:
- Maintaining a current Emergency Operations Plan.
- Providing and and coordinating emergency management training for all City employees.
- Ensuring the operational readiness of the City's Emergency Operations Center and Mobile Command Post.
- Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive and redundant emergency warning system for the City.
- Carrying out other tasks to help the City mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters, emergencies, and incidents.
The City's Emergency Management Coordinator is Fire Chief Neil Howard. The City also employs a full time Emergency Management Specialist, Ed Balderas, and a part time Emergency Management Planner to support Chief Howard in coordinating the City's emergency management program.
Readiness programs include:
Plans for Training include:
- Emergency planning for City employees, tabletop and full scale exercises
- 100% compliance in the National Integrated Management System for responders (NIMS)
- All City employees trained in the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Implementation of public education such as placing emergency preparedness educational material at all fire stations
- Submittals for grants from Homeland Security, FEMA, and other federal, state, and local organizations to raise money for preparedness