972-412-6201 After-hours Emergencies Only
P.O. Box 660054
4004 Main St.
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Each customer has a water meter that is read
by radio read technology (electronically) every month. This reading is uploaded into our meter reading software which subtracts the previous reading for that meter in order to calculate the total consumption for the billing period. All of these readings are downloaded into our billing software which then calculates your bill. It should be noted that each account goes through a series of reviews to ensure the utmost accuracy.
Bill Due Dates and Fees
Bills are issued monthly, either on the first or 15th, depending on the area in which you live. Delinquent notices are sent if payment
is not received by the due date (which is 20 days after the billing date). A 10% penalty is added to the amount due if the payment is late.
Disconnection of Services Due to Non-Payment
Services are disconnected if payment
is not received within 10 calendar days after the due date. City Ordinance
requires a reconnect fee for all services disconnected for failure to pay. If your services have been disconnected and payment has been made by any other means than in person, you will need to contact the Business office before 4 P.M. for same day re-connection.
City of Rowlett Leak Adjustment Policy
Customers are responsible for a leak that occurs at any point where the meter connects to the customer's service line and beyond. For most customers, this is where the service line connects to the meter tail (a short piece of brass that is connected at the back nut on the meter.) The City recognizes that most leaks result in an unexpected increase in the customer's water bill and has a policy in place that offers adjustments. The following procedures and guidelines are how the City determines if an adjustment will be given as well as the amount credited to the account:
- Leak adjustments will only be given once in a rolling 12 month period.
- Proof of an actual leak and the repair of the leak must be provided to the Utility Billing office.
- Adjustments will be calculated using the prior year consumption for the month being adjusted. If a customer does not have 12 months of consumption history, the adjustment will be calculated using the prior 6 months average. If no history is available, an adjustment will not be given.
- For short term leaks and leaks that can be pinpointed in the AMI reading system, only the consumption directly attributed to the leak will be adjusted.
- Adjustments are given as of the date the leak is noticed by the residential customer or the date repaired, whichever is earlier.
- All adjustments will be limited to 50 percent of the consumption attributable to the leak, at the rate billed.
- All adjustments will be for a maximum of 2 months.
- No adjustment will be given for leaks occurring on sprinkler systems, swimming pools, pool equipment, toilets, or any other above ground leak that is noticeable by residential customers.
- Commercial and irrigation only accounts are not eligible for leak adjustments.
For more information on your service, contact us at 972-412-6105 or by email