972-412-6201 After-hours Emergencies Only
P.O. Box 660054
4004 Main St.
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
The City's water provider is the North Texas Municipal Water District
(NTMWD). The NTMWD receives raw water supplies from Lavon Lake, Jim Chapman Lake, Lake Texoma, Lake Tawakoni and Lake Bonham. The District treats and distributes the water received from these water supplies to the City of Rowlett. The NTMWD can be contacted by phone at 972-442-5405.
on how to use water wisely and more efficiently, visit Water IQ
and enter your zip code.
Water and Irrigation Rates
| Monthly Base Fees
(Effective Oct. 1st 2017)
Base Fee (Monthly)
|Less than one inch
|One and a half inches
The purpose of the tiered rate structure is to encourage conservation and discourage waste. The lower rate is designed to provide for basic household needs and provide a reasonable allowance for irrigation. The higher rates are intended to charge heavier users more to accommodate the additional costs associated with peak demand.
Residential Volume charges are:
- Up to 3,000 gallons: $4.35 per 1,000 gallons
- 3,000 to 15,000 gallons: $5.44 per 1,000 gallons
- 15,001 and Above: $6.80 per 1,000 gallons
Commercial and Multi-family Volume charges are $5.44 per 1,000 gallons for all water used.
- The City recognizes that our water rates are high compared with other nearby communities. The rates we charge are influenced by the rates we are charged by our water supplier. These costs have been passed on to our customers.
- For more information on water fees or services, contact us at 972-412-6105 or by email.