Defensive Driving Course Request
- If you are eligible and meet all requirements, you will be granted 90 days to complete the course and return all documents to the court either on or before your 90th day.
- You are required to attend a Defensive Driving Course that has been approved by the Texas Education Agency or a Motorcycle Operator's Course or a Specialized Driving Safety "Seat Belt" Course approved by the department of Public Safety within 30 days of the request, along with a certified copy of your Driving Record and notarized affidavit.
- In no case with a Defensive Driving Course be processed for a juvenile other than in open court with a parent or legal guardian present.
Driving Record Request
- Before the end of the 90 day period you are required to present a certified copy of your Driving Record from the Department of Public Safety.
- The form to request this record is available at the Court or online at www.texasonline.com.
Failure to Comply
- If you fail to comply with the conditions or requirements as ordered by the Judge, you will be required to appear before the court and show cause as to why you have failed to comply.
The Judge is not required to grant you an extension.
- If you fail to appear at the show cause hearing a Capias Pro Fine Warrant may be issued for your arrest.
- Failure to comply may result in a conviction of the offense charged and payment of fine ordered.
For more information on driver safety courses or records requests, please contact the Municipal Court at 972-412-6222