The law requires you to appear in court if your citation is not taken care of prior to your court date. The appearance dates vary by the nature of the action.
- Tickets/Citations: Appearance date is noted on the citation.
- Released on Bond: Appearance date is set on the bond.
- Complaint Filed: Notified by mail of appearance date.
- Juveniles under 16 cannot pay on-line and must appear in Court.
If you receive a ticket in the City of Rowlett, for speeding, etc., then you may qualify for the following options:
- You and/or attorney, if you have retained an attorney, must appear in person in open court, or you may make an appearance in person at the Court Facility.
- You are not required to retain an attorney.
- Picture identification will be required (state issued ID or Driver's License is acceptable).
- Attorney's will be required to present their state issued Bar Card in addition to a picture ID.
- Juveniles must appear with a parent or legal guardian on the first appearance date.
- Dress Code requirements apply.
The first appearance is to determine and enter a plea. Future appearances depend upon the plea entered.