Development  Engineering

Effective September 1, 2019

The City of Rowlett Community Development Department will now only accept applications for plan submittals and resubmittals  based on the following schedule:

  • All plan submittals and resubmittals will be received on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month by 3:00 p.m. 
  • Any application that does not provide the required exhibits or information will not be accepted by the city.

Plan Submittal Schedule (excluding plats) 

Division Functions


  • Review and Regulation of all private development (development paid for by private entities) including residential subdivisions, commercial, and industrial projects.
  • Flood Plain Management - To ensure development in the flood hazard areas are in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and City Ordinances.
  • Administration of the Storm Water Management Program, Rights-of-Way and Easements within the City.
  • Management and Issuance of all Right-of-Way and Grading Permits

Permit Applications, Forms, & Checklist

Right-of-Way Permit (PDF) - A permit is required if you need to work in the City's Right-of-Way (a strip of land that is granted, through an easement or dedication, for transportation purposes). An easement is a non-possessory interest to use real property in possession of another person for a stated purpose.

Contractor Registration - All Utility Contractors who do work in the City of Rowlett must be registered. We will not issue Right-of-Way Permits unless the Utility Contractor is registered.

Grading Permit (PDF) - A permit is required if you are adding, removing, or moving dirt on your land/lot or subdivision.

Civil Engineering Plans Checklist (PDF)

Standard Details (PDF)

DRAFT 2019 Impact Fee Study

Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) Information: ERU

Please email all permit applications to.

Please email all as-built requests.

After Hours Inspection Requests

Please email all after hours inspection requests.