Rowlett Individual and Household Assistance Program

Rowlett Individual and Household Assistance Program Information Final 9-18-20_Page_1


Frequently Asked Questions

How much support can I receive?
Eligible residents can receive up to $2,000 per month for a maximum of six (6) months.

Do I get the money directly?
No, the money is paid directly to the landlord/mortgage lender and/or your utility providers. Your landlord/mortgage company and utility providers must be willing to accept payment from Catholic Charities on your behalf.

I have access to the internet, how do I apply for COVID-19 mortgage/rental assistance?
Please complete an online application at The application is available in English and Spanish languages.

I do not have access to the internet, how do I apply for COVID-19 mortgage/rental assistance?
Please call 214-257-0674 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to be assisted over the phone. Intake is available in English and in Spanish.

Will I have to pay the money back in the future?
No. The assistance is in the form of a grant, not a loan.

I am a landlord, mortgage lender or utility provider, how do I get paid?
You will be contacted by staff at the email or phone number the client provided with next steps once your tenant or mortgage client is approved for this grant. Payment will be processed in two to three weeks.

Can the funds be used to pay my unpaid City of Rowlett utility (water) bills or the property tax portion of my mortgage payment?
No, the CARES Act specifically prohibits the funds to be used for government revenue replacement. Catholic Charities’ staff can assist you with identifying other community resources.

How will I be notified after I submit my application?
Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation email from Catholic Charities and a case manager will contact you within two (2) business days to update you on your application, confirm relevant information, and request additional documentation, if needed. We ask that you provide all of the required documentation within seven (7) days.

Do I have to count my entire household income?
Yes, income from all adult members of the household (18 years and over) must be submitted.

What if I get paid in cash?
Your assigned caseworker will provide you with an income verification form to be completed.

Who is NOT eligible?
The following residents are NOT eligible per federal regulations:

  • Individuals and families living in public housing or using housing vouchers
  • Households that are currently receiving federal CARES Act money from another public agency or nonprofit organization
  • Families living in units owned by immediate family members. Immediate family ties include (whether by blood, marriage or adoption) the spouse, parent (including a stepparent), child (including a stepchild), brother, sister (including a stepbrother or stepsister), grandparent, grandchild and in-laws

How will I know my lender or landlord has been paid, and how much has been paid?
Your assigned caseworker at Catholic Charities will notify you of the status of your application, including approval and the amount of funding to be provided to your landlord or mortgage company.

Can I get assistance for future bills?
Catholic Charities will provide assistance for past-due and currently due bills. As long as you have not received six months of assistance from the program, we can provide assistance for future bills, once they are due and once you confirm that you are still having financial difficulties. Simply email or call your Catholic Charities caseworker, and he/she will verify your need and process the appropriate payment.