Certificate of Occupancy Requirements


A Certificate of Occupancy is required by the building code and municipal ordinances for every new business that operates in the City of Rowlett. These are also required for currently existing businesses that move to another location within the City or change the name of their business.

To obtain a permit application you can contact the Rowlett Building Inspection, located at 3901 Main Street.

View the Certificate of Occupancy Inspection Items (PDF).