Reports and Permits

Fire Reports

To obtain a copy of a fire report, please call the City Secretary's office at 972-412-6115. A request from an individual to obtain a fire report is an open records request, under the Open Records Act, and it must be requested in writing. Fire Reports for homeowners are free of charge.

Fire Reports for individuals other than homeowners are $5 each. You may obtain a copy of the request form here: Request for public information (PDF)

Patient Medical Records

A Patient Care Report may be obtained by calling 972-412-6115. Requests made by by fax, email, or in person, but the reports must be picked up in person. Submit your EMS Records Release (PDF) form to the City

Secretary's Office.

A second party, such as an attorney, requesting records must provide a written request to the City Secretary's Office and include a signed Authorization to Release Patient Information (PDF). There is a fee of $20 for processing. This information may also be released to an authorized law enforcement agency if the individual in question is currently in custody or involved in an active criminal investigation.

Fire Alarm or Sprinkler Permits

You may obtain a plan review permit application at the Fire Administration office at 4701 Rowlett Road or online at Permit Application (PDF). Please submit your plans to our third-party plan review company Traditions Fire Consulting. Approved plans may be submitted to our Fire Marshal's office electronically via email