Deferred Disposition

About Deferred Adjudication

  • You may choose to request Deferred Adjudication for your offense to keep the moving traffic violation from appearing on your driving record. Deferred Adjudication is similar to probation.
  • Requests for Deferred Adjudication on other offenses must be requested in court before the Judge. Offenses not qualifying for Deferred Adjudication may be eligible for a Defensive Driving Course.
  • The terms of the Deferred Adjudication are 0-180 days. Court costs plus a special expense fee are assessed. All fees for the Deferred Adjudication are to be collected when the order granting Deferred Adjudication is prepared.
  • The Judge may require additional conditions. Deferred Adjudication for any individual under the age of 25 years shall include a Defensive Driving Course. The certificate must be returned to the court by the defendant no later than 90 days following the initial date of the Deferred Adjudication term.
  • In no case is Deferred Adjudication paperwork to be processed for a juvenile other than in open court with a parent or legal guardian.
  • In the event the defendant violates the terms of the Deferred Adjudication, the defendant will be set for a show cause hearing.
  • In the event the defendant complies with the terms of the Deferred Adjudication, an order for dismissal will be prepared and submitted to the Judge for signature.


In order to request Deferred Adjudication, the individual will be required to do the following:

  • Appear on or before the initial appearance date in person.
  • Enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (no contest).
  • Pay the Deferral Fee.
  • Deferred Adjudication shall be available for all individuals who have not had any case dismissed during the year preceding the date of the offense by either Deferred Adjudication or a Defensive Driving Course and otherwise meet the statutory guidelines regarding Deferred Adjudication meeting the criteria set forth herein shall be referred to the Judge.
  • Meet any additional conditions or requirements of the Judge.

For questions or more information, contact Municipal Court at 972-412-6222.