What are you building?

*All submittals require a copy of the lot survey indicating
 where work is to be done on the property.*

Check out our New Residential Checklist and New Residential Required Inspections

Submittal Requirements

  • Fence (PDF) 
    • If the proposed fence will be crossing/enclosing a marked easement on the property or if a survey cannot be provided, the fence waiver (PDF) must be completed and submitted before the permit can be issued.
  • Residential Accessory Structure (PDF)
    • This includes storage buildings, detached garages, carports, gazebos, or any other structure that is not attached to the house. See RDC Section 77-303.
  • Patio Cover (PDF)
    • Provides information regarding construction and what paperwork is needed for submittal.
  • Concrete
    • This includes flatwork (patios, sidewalks, and driveways).
  • Irrigation System
    • The City of Rowlett does permit homeowners to install irrigation systems on their own property, however the plans must be signed and sealed by a licensed irrigator.
  • Swimming Pool (PDF)
  • Water Heater (PDF)
    • All water heater installations and water heater change outs require a permit and city inspections. Installation Requirements and Guidance are provided through the link.

Obtaining Residential Construction Permits and Applications

To submit for a permit or a contractor registration, check out our Forms & Applications page.

Residential Building Codes

View the City of Rowlett Adopted Codes for codes related to residential construction.